Some people deliberately choose to avoid using she/her pronouns when discussing people – for example, when discussing potential job applicants; by its very nature, the use of she/her pronouns discloses a person’s gender and may lead to gender bias, and so many use they/them pronouns instead.
- she (“she will be marching in the Pride Parade tomorrow”);
- her (“that Pride Flag belongs to her”);
- her (“her sense of style is remarkable”);
- hers (“that Pride Flag is hers”);
- herself (“Jay danced by herself”).